Whitewater Rafting the Kicking Horse River
ALBERTA and BC – Canada - Each year, May through September, tourists flock to the Canadian Rockies to whitewater raft the Kicking Horse River — a beautiful, glacier-fed body of water colored a stunning turquoise.
“Nothing beats getting cooled off by the water while rafting here,” said John Arbol, an experienced Kicking Horse River whitewater rafting guide.
Named in 1858, the Kicking Horse River connects through the Rockies to the valley of the Bow River. The Trans-Canada Highway traverses the river at several points as it goes west from Yoho National Park to Golden, British Columbia.
Blending incredible scenery with rich history, the Kicking Horse is an ideal place to experience the excitement of whitewater rafting. Nature lovers should also know that the river is abundant with wildlife which frequents its banks. The morning section of the Kicking Horse begins in Yoho National Park and offers prime wildlife viewing.
Rapids here range in difficulty, suiting rafters of all levels. Beginners, or families looking for a calmer ride, can start out on Class II rapids, while more seasoned rafters can take on the Class IV waters.
“If you are looking to take your family on a whitewater adventure, a scenic float on the Kicking Horse is a perfect option. There is a lot to see and do, while giving your kids their first taste of adventure,” said Arbol. “Later in the Upper Canyon for those that continue on, there are a lot of Class III and IV, so be prepared for a thrilling ride.”
Whitewater Rafting the Lower Canyon – Kicking Horse River
Enjoy the unbelievable scenery of the Kicking Horse River’s Lower Canyon. Rafters float through high-walled canyons while navigating an exciting set of rapids.
“After the adrenaline rush of whitewater rafting is over here, there is a relaxing float along calm water through town,” said Arbol.
Kicking Horse Whitewater Rafting Tours
Kicking Horse River Challenge
Ideal for first-time rafters, this no-experience required whitewater rafting trip on the Kicking Horse river will begin on the Upper Reaches of the river in Yoho National Park. You’ll learn to work as a team as you master the paddles and the waves. After a riverside BBQ lunch, don’t settle in just yet: you’ve got 22km of whitewater to raft! Take on the challenge on your Canmore-Kananaskis vacation.
Check in time: 9am
Departure time: 9:30am (full day)
On this Canadian Rockies whitewater rafting adventure, you will experience one of the most thrilling sections of the river. Continuous Class III & Class IV+ rapids will have you soaked in no time! You’ll raft down the Middle and Lower Canyon, and you can even try a supervised swim of a Class III rapid at the end of the trip if you’d like. All experience levels are accepted for this ride.
Check in time: 11:15am
Departure time: 11:45am (end around 4:30pm)
- No lunch included, just a snack
Book your Banff Travel and Jasper Vacation Today!
For more fun-filled Banff activities, including rock climbing, horseback riding, and hiking, book Banff Travel or Jasper Vacations for all of your Canadian Rockies vacation needs. Call for more information: 1-888-659-3394
- White Water Rafting | Lake Louise – Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
- Banff Rafting – Official site of the Banff Rafting Association » Kicking Horse River – White Water Rafting in Golden, BC
- Banff Rafting – Official site of the Banff Rafting Association » Plan a Family Adventure Vacation in Banff, Alberta!
- Banff Rafting – Official site of the Banff Rafting Association » Corporate and Group Rafting Trips in Banff
- Banff Rafting – Official site of the Banff Rafting Association » Multi-Day Rafting Trips Around Banff, Alberta
- Whitewater Rafting – Kicking Horse River | Banff vacations – tours – activities
- Most Scenic Golf Courses in Alberta and BC | Canadian Rockies Vacations Guide – Banff National Park
- Best Golf Courses in Alberta and BC for Newbies | Canadian Rockies Vacations Guide – Banff National Park
- Best Golf Courses for Wildlife Viewing in the Canadian Rockies | Canadian Rockies Vacations Guide – Banff National Park
- Rockies.com Guide to Banff Rafting | Canadian Rockies Vacations Guide – Banff National Park
- Banff–Lake Louise Rafting | Banff Travel Guide – Banff National Park
- Raft the Kicking Horse River –Banff Whitewater Rafting Trips | Banff Travel Guide – Banff National Park
- Banff Rafting | Banff vacations – tours – activities
- Jasper Rafting | Jasper National Park Alberta – Jasper travel, tours and hotels.
- Banff National Park Whitewater Rafting and Float Tours | Jasper National Park Alberta – Jasper travel, tours and hotels.
- Whitewater Rafting around Lake Louise | Lake Louise – Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
- Canmore-Kananaskis Whitewater Rafting | Canmore, Alberta and Kananaskis Travel Guide
- Rafting the Kicking Horse River | Alberta Whitewater Rafting | Best Things to Do in the Canadian Rockies | Canmore, Alberta and Kananaskis Travel Guide
- Whitewater Rafting the Canadian Rockies, Banff and Jasper (Canada) | Canadian Rockies Vacations Guide – Banff National Park
- Banff, Alberta rafting – Whitewater – Summer activities | Canadian Rockies Vacations Guide – Banff National Park
- Whitewater Rafting in Jasper –Raft the Athabasca River | Jasper Vacations
- Rafting in Waterton | Waterton Lakes National Park | Alberta, Canada – Waterton.com
Didn't find any related posts :(